On Monday morning, I looked at my calendar and drew a diagonal line through each day of the previous week.
Activities that once occupied the twenty-four hour spaces of my life were history.
- School projects
- Athletic events
- Lunch dates
What my calendar didn’t reflect was the myriad of emotions I experienced during that time.
No, I’m not going through “the change.” LIFE HAPPENS!
Some days might feel like a treadmill, going nowhere, but my emotions don’t flat line.
While my heart is beating, I will experience the rugged terrain that comes with this territory called life. All I can do is walk it out as best I can.
One day at a time.
Accepting whatever comes my way.
Learning to bend with the wind so I don’t break.
And on the days I struggle to “Walk by faith and not by sight”
When I CAN’T ….
- Make sense of life
- Control other people’s actions/responses
- Control my own moods/flaws
- Make a difference in the world
I CAN trust God’s promises because….
- GOD CAN: “But He said, “The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.” (Luke 18:27)
- GOD is ABLE: “to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us.” (Ephesians 3:20)
- GOD DOES: “work for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” (Romans 8:28)
- GOD SHALL: “supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:19)
Clinging to God’s promises enables me to look at the coming week and rest, assured He holds the future.
Confident I can trust Him even in the best and worst of times.